Latin Name: Allium Cepa
Plant Family: Amaryllidaceae
Extraction: Cold pressing of the seeds
Onion Seed Oil is a Cold Pressed Carrier oil, ours is from Germany, but don’t worry, it won't make your eyes water! This seed is not from the vegetable itself, but rather from the flowers of the onion plant, and it has been in circulation for centuries. Historically the Greeks used onion oil to relieve their headaches, parasitic worms, and toothaches, and the Egyptians used the seeds in many of their graves to protect the sacred things.
The oil is very much considered a "repair" oil, especially when it comes to hair and skincare, and has zero-waste credentials.
Find out more about Onion Seed carrier oil in Ellie's blog here
Available in 100ml Only
- Packed with vitamin C (folic acid) this oil carries plenty of punch in the essential fatty acid department.
- Rich in sulphur, blending well on your hair & aiding in the strengthening of hair follicles and nourishment of the scalp.
- The vitamin C present in onion helps nourish skin, making it healthy and glowing.
- Beneficial on the skin due to its antibacterial and antioxidant properties
- Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.