Latin Name: Oenothera biennis
Plant Family: Onagraceae
Extraction: Cold-pressed seeds
Yellow in colour and oxidizes on exposure to air and light, like borage, the oil is highly unsaturated and is more reactive and less stable than other oils. Evening Primrose is Native to North America it was introduced to Europe in 1619, and native North Americans made an infusion of the seeds to be used for healing wounds.
Available in 100ml, 500ml, 1000ml and 5000ml
- Useful for dry scaly skin
- Dandruff conditions
- Accelerates wound healing
- Useful menopause and painful periods (High in vitamin F content)
- Contains GLA which is now known to lower cholesterol
- Can help with anxiety and depression
(Len & Shirley Price: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage 4th Edition)
Oral intake is not recommended for long periods of time, there are few reports of mild headaches and nausea.
Evening Primrose Safety Data Sheet