By Salvatore Battaglia
Internationally acclaimed as a very comprehensive textbook on aromatherapy. It is written for everyone who needs to be thoroughly familiar with the art and science of aromatherapy, whether for personal use, aromatherapy students, qualified therapists and any healthcare professional.
The modern holistic aromatherapist needs to be a multi-disciplined practitioner with training in remedial therapies, counseling, chemistry, botany, pharmacology, anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy covers all these topics with information derived from the wisdom of the past to the latest pharmacological and clinical studies.
The second edition includes sections on:
- Quality control of Essential Oils
- Information on Essential Oil safety
- Essential Oil chemistry
- pharmacological studies on essential oils
- Olfaction and the psychological effects of Essential Oils
- Subtle Aromatherapy
- Role of Aromatherapy in Primary Health Care
- Monographs of over 80 essential oils
- Detailed studies of conditions for each body system
- Role of Aromatherapy in day spa treatments and much, much more.