Latin Name: Daucus carota
Plant Family: Apiaceae
Extraction: Maceration of the roots
Maintains a youthful appearance, helps soothes itching and is beneficial for psoriasis and eczema. The macerated oil is made using the root of the plant and the seeds are distilled for their essential oil.
The flower head of the Wild Carrot is also known as Queen Anne’s Lace and is easily recognisable, it was introduced into Britain during the reign of Queen Elizabeth the 1st. This bright orange oil is light in texture however can stain and is best used in dilution.
Available in 100ml, 500ml, 1000ml and 5000ml
- Rich in beta-carotene, vitamins A, B, C, D, E and F
- Good for the health of the skin.
- Helps the healing process by assisting in the formation of scar tissue.
- Soothes itching skin
- Claimed to be helpful in cases of psoriasis and eczema.
- Beneficial to help combat the ageing process
The macerated oil can sometimes be confused with the essential oil, and ingestion of carrot and carrot juice in excess can be toxic.
Carrot Oil Safety Data Sheet