Latin Name: Arnica montana
Plant Family: Asteraceae
Extraction: Maceration of plant parts
Arnica carrier oil is a macerated oil, to achieve a suitable oil for massage flowers are macerated in a fixed oil. Arnica has been used for a long time by both Europeans and Native Americans to soothe muscle aches, reduce inflammation, and swelling & aid in healing wounds. Beneficial to the circulatory system Arnica can be used for angina, tired hearts and coronary artery disease. Native to the mountainous region of Central Europe and Siberia, the flowers are collected in autumn, checked for insect damage and then dried out ready for maceration. Arnica has become a rare plant due to its popular use in complementary medicine and partly due to its mountainous habitat. Available in 100ml, 500ml, 1000ml and 5000ml
Arnica macerated oil is used in topical applications for various purposes:
- Stress-relieving for massage of the neck shoulders & back.
- Beneficial for strained muscles & swelling
- Used in sports massage for muscles & joints
- Helps to treat bruises, sprains, strains and pain associated with rheumatism.
- Helps to improve the elasticity of various tissues.
- Beneficial or inflammation, sunburn & nappy rash.
(Len & Shirley Price: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage 4th Edition)
For external use only, not to be used during pregnancy, do not take orally.
Arnica Oil Safety Data Sheet