Latin Name: Prunus amygdalus Dulcis
Plant Family: Rutaceae
Extraction: Cold Pressing of Kernels
Sweet almond oil is one of the most commonly used cold-pressed carrier oils. A delicate pale yellow colour, it is known for its revitalising and gently soothing properties. Almond Oil is perfect for massage treatments both on the back and full body and is ideal to use on its own or as part of a blend. With Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 & E.
Almond is an ancient tree that has been cultivated for thousands of years. Almonds were prized by the Greeks, who introduced them to Southern Europe.
- An excellent emollient, alleviating and nourishing dry skin
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Beneficial in relieving itching caused by eczema, psoriasis & dermatitis.
- Has been used to ease irritation on babies bottoms.
- Soothes sunburn, almond and hazelnut have an antierythematous action to reduce inflammation and peeling.
(Len & Shirley Price: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage 4th Edition)
Non - irritating, non-sensitising, always check allergies.
Sweet Almond Oil Safety Data Sheet