This product is available in 50ml only
Latin Name: Hippophae rhamnoides
Plant Family: Elaeagnaceae
Extraction: Maceration of the Berries
Rejuvenating and soothing, cosmetics made from Sea Buckthorn are valued for their skin rejuvenating, restorative and anti-ageing action. This a very dark golden brown oil, extracted from the berries of Sea Buckthorn by maceration usually in olive oil, though Almond and Apricot oils are sometimes used.
Growing in the Atlantic coasts of Europe to North-West China. In Western Europe, it favours the seashores where salt spray deters other plants in competition. In Asia, it grows well in semi-desert areas where other plants cannot survive. Having male and female plants, which contain vitamin C, A and minerals in its orange berries. It is not from the same family as buckthorn, they are really quite different plants.
- Cosmetic and skincare products made from Sea Buckthorn are valued for their rejuvenating, restorative and anti-ageing action
- Readily absorbed and has a high content of EFA, carotenes, tocopherols and phytosterols, which are all important for the maintenance of a healthy skin
- It is applied to help improve conditions affecting mucus membranes including ulcers, lesions and erosions
- Aids in reducing wrinkles
- Helps dry skin and promotes healing of skin injuries such as burns, sunburns, wounds and eczema.
(Len & Shirley Price: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage 4th Edition)
No known contraindications. Refrigeration is recommended after opening.
Sea Buckthorn Carrier Oil Safety Data Sheet